AERE Individual Membership
Thank you for your interest in the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists. Our goal is to promote more and better communication among economists who are interested in environmental and natural resource economics issues. We hope that you will join our efforts to achieve this result.
Annual membership rates begin at $85 and depend on options chosen for journal delivery (e-delivery or print version).
A 3-year membership option is available beginning at $225, just over a 10% discount from the annual membership rate. Reduced membership rates are also offered to residents in low, lower-middle, and upper-middle income nations as defined by the World Bank.
Memberships terms follow the calendar year (January to December). Memberships purchased between January 1 and November 15 are for the current calendar year. Memberships purchased after November 15 are applied to the next calendar year.
- Reduced registration fees for the AERE Summer Conference. In 2015 this reduction was $100 for the conference registration fee and $100 for the preconference workshop.
- Opportunity to present research in AERE sponsored sessions at seven conferences throughout the year*, including the AERE Summer Conference, the World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, the American Economic Association Annual Meeting at ASSA, and the annual meetings of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, the Midwest Economic Association, the Southern Economic Association, and the Western Economic Association International.
*Membership in AERE is on a calendar year basis, regardless of when one joins/renews. To present in the AERE sesssions at the conferences listed above, you must be a current member at the time of the conference.
- Member registration rates for the annual conference of the Western Economic Association, International (i.e., membership in this associations is not required to receive the discounted rate for their members if one is an AERE member).
- Free online subscriptions to the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (JAERE) and the Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP);
- A 20% discount off a subscription to Environment and Development Economics;
- A 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press*;
- A 50% discount on dues for membership in EAERE;
- An AERE Newsletter in May and November, containing information about upcoming conferences, a variety of notices related to environmental research and policy, position announcements, as well as essays by AERE members on topics of current interest and reports on new and developing AERE programs;
- Access to discounted registration fees for the World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists held every four years sponsored jointly by AERE, the East Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (EAAERE), and the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE);
- Access to two annual AERE luncheons: one held at the AERE Summer Conference and one in January during the ASSA meeting. The January luncheon features the annual Fellow's Talk and the presentation of the AERE Outstanding Dissertation Award. The Summer Conference lunceon includes keynote speakers and the annual AERE Awards ceremony. The luncheons are popular and provide a special opportunity to renew old friendships and to meet new colleagues who share professional interests;
- Access to the AERE Membership Directory.
Become a member or renew your membership!
*AERE members are entitled to a 20% discount on Oxford University Press publications. To take advantage of this membership benefit, members just click the link to access the specialized AERE discount portal. From there, orders are made at the special price, which will be automatically factored in. http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/promojumps/AERE
Membership dues are non-refundable. Payments for events will be refunded if requested by the deadline listed for the event. However, a $50 administrative fee will be withheld for any refund.
For other membership questions, please contact:
AERE Membership Office