The AERE Summer Conference will be held each year (except in years when there is a World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists) with the goal of offering more opportunities to AERE members. It replaces the AERE Workshop.
The 2013 AERE Summer Conference will be held on June 6-8, 2013, at The Banff Centre, Banff, Alberta, Canada. More information will be forthcoming.
Past AERE Summer Conferences
The inaugural AERE Summer Conference took place on June 9 and 10, 2011 at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. It was a tremendous success - attendance was 340. The full program and submitted papers can be accessed here.
The 2012 AERE Summer Conference was held on June 3-5, 2012, in Asheville, NC. Additional information regarding the conference program is available at the conference website http://www.aere2012.com/. Below are the papers from the Sponsored Sessions:
- Stergios Athanassoglou, Emanuele Massetti, Climate Change Impacts and Ambiguity
- Antonio Bento, Mark Jacobsen, and Antung A. Liu, Environmental Policy in the Presence of an Informal Sector
- Christoph Böhringer, Jared C. Carboney, Thomas F. Rutherford, The Strategic Value of Embodied Carbon Tariffs
- Jared C. Carbone, Richard D. Morgenstern, Roberton C. Williams III, Carbon Taxes and Deficit Reduction
- Justin Carony, Sebastian Rauschz, Niven Winchester, Leakage From Sub-national Climate Initiatives: The Case of California
- Carolyn Fischer, Richard Newell, and Louis Preonas, Environmental and Technology Policy Options in the Electricity Sector: Interactions and Outcomes
- David L. Kelly, Zhuo Tan, Learning, Growth and Climate Feedbacks
Does the Fat Tail Wag the Dog?
- Hidemichi Yonezawa, Edward J. Balistreri, Daniel T. Kaffine, The Suboptimal Nature of Applying Pigouvian Rates as Border Adjustments
AERE Workshop Series
The very first AERE Workshop was held in 1985 in Boulder, Colorado, offering a focused atmosphere on a specific topic. Since then, AERE has planned 22 Workshops over the years keeping to the one topic focus and usually holding the event in a place of natural beauty. The last AERE Workshop was fittingly held at Resources for the Future in June 2009—the organization that helped launch AERE thirty years earlier in 1979.A list of recent workshop topics and papers appears below.
For information about past AERE Workshops, and a copy of papers presented, please choose a year:
- 2009 Workshop Papers: Energy and the Environment
- 2008 AERE Workshop: Health and the Environment
- 2007 AERE Workshop: Valuation and Incentives for Ecosystem Services
- 2005 AERE Workshop: Natural Resources at Risk
- 2004 AERE Workshop: Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy
- 2003 AERE Workshop: Spatial Theory, Modeling, and Econometrics in Environmental and Resource Economics
- 2001 AERE Workshop: Assessing and Managing Environmental and Public Health Risks
- Information on workshops held prior to 2001