AERE Individual Membership
Thank you for your interest in the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE). Our long-term goal is to promote more and better communication among economists who are interested in environmental and natural resource economics issues. We hope that you will join our efforts to achieve this result. Note that 3-Year memberships (discounted 5% from the current annual membership rate) are available under the Online Shopping tab when renewing or becoming a member. Reduced membership rates are also offered to residents in low, lower-middle, and upper-middle income nations as defined by the World Bank.
AERE offers a number of benefits for members, making the return on a membership more valuable than ever:
- Reduced registration fees for the AERE Summer Conference. In 2015 this reduction was $100 for the conference registration fee and $100 for the preconference workshop.
- Included with membership are free online subscriptions to the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (JAERE) and the Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP);
- A 20% discount off a subscription to Environment and Development Economics;
- A 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press*;
- A 50% discount on dues for membership in EAERE;
- An AERE Newsletter in May and November, containing information about upcoming conferences, a variety of notices related to environmental research and policy, position announcements, as well as essays by AERE members on topics of current interest and reports on new and developing AERE programs;
- Sponsorship of sessions each year at professional meetings including the Allied Social Science Associations , the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association, and a variety of regional association meetings. AERE members are encouraged to propose papers for presentation at these sessions;
- A World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists held every four years sponsored jointly by AERE, the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE), and the East Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (EAAERE). The next WCERE will take place in the summer of 2018;
- Two annual AERE luncheons: one held at the AERE Summer Conference and one in January during the ASSA meeting. The January luncheon features the annual Fellow's Talk and the presentation of the AERE Dissertation Award and, at the Summer Conference, the annual AERE Awards presentations are held. The luncheons are popular and provide a special opportunity to renew old friendships and to meet new colleagues who share professional interests;
- Access to the AERE Membership Directory.
To become a member or renew your membership electronically, please click here, or on Individual Membership located in the right column.
*AERE members are entitled to a 20% discount on Oxford University Press publications. To take advantage of this membership benefit, members just click the link to access the specialized AERE discount portal. From there, orders are made at the special price, which will be automatically factored in. http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/promojumps/AERE
Membership dues are non-refundable. Payments for events will be refunded if requested by the deadline listed for the event. However, a $50 administrative fee will be withheld for any refund.
For other membership questions, please contact:
AERE Membership Office