AERE Summer Conferences
Excellence in Academic Programming
Collegiality in Destinations Worth Visiting
The AERE Summer Conference will be held each year (except in years when there is a World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists).
The 2017 AERE Summer Conference will be held on May 31 - June 2, 2017, in Pittsburgh, PA.
More information coming soon.
Past AERE Summer Conferences
The 2016 AERE Summer Conference was held on June 9-11, 2016, at the Beaver Run Conference Center and Resort in Breckenridge, Colorado. Details are available here.
The 2015 AERE Summer Conference was held on June 3-5, 2015, at the U.S. Grant Hotel in San Diego, California. The conference program is available here.
The 2012 AERE Summer Conference was held at the Grove Park Inn on June 3-5, 2012, in Asheville, NC. Click here for the conference program.
The inaugural AERE Summer Conference took place on June 9 and 10, 2011 at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. It was a tremendous success - attendance was 340. The conference program is available here.
AERE Workshop Series
The very first AERE Workshop was held in 1985 in Boulder, Colorado, offering a focused atmosphere on a specific topic. Since then, AERE has planned 22 Workshops over the years keeping to the one topic focus and usually holding the event in a place of natural beauty. The last AERE Workshop was fittingly held at Resources for the Future in June 2009—the organization that helped launch AERE thirty years earlier in 1979.
A list of recent workshop topics and papers appears below.
For information about past AERE Workshops, and a copy of papers presented, please choose a year:
- 2009 Workshop Papers: Energy and the Environment
- 2008 AERE Workshop: Health and the Environment
- 2007 AERE Workshop: Valuation and Incentives for Ecosystem Services
- 2005 AERE Workshop: Natural Resources at Risk
- 2004 AERE Workshop: Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy
- 2003 AERE Workshop: Spatial Theory, Modeling, and Econometrics in Environmental and Resource Economics
- 2001 AERE Workshop: Assessing and Managing Environmental and Public Health Risks