AERE Summer Conferences
Excellence in Academic Programming
Collegiality in Destinations Worth Visiting
The AERE Summer Conference will be held each year (except in years when there is a World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists).
The 2016 AERE Summer Conference will be held on June 9-11, 2016, at Beaver Run Conference Center in Breckenridge, Colorado. Due to reorganization of management activities at AERE, the deadline to submit abstracts has been extended to January 22, 2016 midnight PST. Papers can be submitted for the following three categories:
- Contributed (or General) sessions
- Sponsored Sessions
- Poster Sessions
information regarding accommodations, sponsored sessions, general and poster sessions, and the pre-conference workshop is available here. Registration will open in March. Questions should be directed to the organizing committee at: email@example.com.
Past AERE Summer Conferences
The 2015 AERE Summer Conference was held on June 3-5, 2015, at the U.S. Grant Hotel in San Diego, California. The conference program is available here.
The 2012 AERE Summer Conference was held at the Grove Park Inn on June 3-5, 2012, in Asheville, NC. Click here for the conference program.
The inaugural AERE Summer Conference took place on June 9 and 10, 2011 at the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. It was a tremendous success - attendance was 340. The conference program is available here.
AERE Workshop Series
The very first AERE Workshop was held in 1985 in Boulder, Colorado, offering a focused atmosphere on a specific topic. Since then, AERE has planned 22 Workshops over the years keeping to the one topic focus and usually holding the event in a place of natural beauty. The last AERE Workshop was fittingly held at Resources for the Future in June 2009—the organization that helped launch AERE thirty years earlier in 1979.
A list of recent workshop topics and papers appears below.
For information about past AERE Workshops, and a copy of papers presented, please choose a year:
- 2009 Workshop Papers: Energy and the Environment
- 2008 AERE Workshop: Health and the Environment
- 2007 AERE Workshop: Valuation and Incentives for Ecosystem Services
- 2005 AERE Workshop: Natural Resources at Risk
- 2004 AERE Workshop: Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy
- 2003 AERE Workshop: Spatial Theory, Modeling, and Econometrics in Environmental and Resource Economics
- 2001 AERE Workshop: Assessing and Managing Environmental and Public Health Risks