AERE Student Membership
Thank you for your interest in the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists! Our goal is to promote more and better communication among economists who are interested in environmental and natural resource economics issues. We hope that you will join our efforts to achieve this result.
AERE membership terms follow the calendar year (January to December). Memberships purchased between January 1 and November 15 are for the current calendar year. Memberships purchased after November 15 are applied to the next calendar year.
AERE student memberships start at $25 and offer the same benefits as AERE Individual Memberships but at a substantially reduced rate.
Proof of student status is required for student membership. That proof can consist of a letter from your university, an unofficial transcript, or an electronic link to your university showing your current student status. Please email your proof to email@example.com.
Student Membership Benefits
AERE offers a number of benefits for members, making the return on a membership more valuable than ever:
- Reduced registration fees for the AERE Summer Conference. In 2015 this reduction was $50 for the conference registration fee and $25 for the preconference workshop.
- Opportunity to present research in AERE sponsored sessions at seven conferences throughout the year, including the AERE Summer Conference, the World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, the American Economic Association Annual Meeting at ASSA, and the annual meetings of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, the Midwest Economic Association, the Southern Economic Association, and the Western Economic Association International.
- Free online subscriptions to the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (JAERE) and the Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP);
- A 20% discount off a subscription to Environment and Development Economics;
- A 20% discount on books published by Oxford University Press*;
- A 50% discount on dues for membership in EAERE;
- An AERE Newsletter in May and November, containing information about upcoming conferences, a variety of notices related to environmental research and policy, position announcements, as well as essays by AERE members on topics of current interest and reports on new and developing AERE programs;
- Access to discounted registration fees for the World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists held every four years sponsored jointly by AERE, the European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (EAERE), and the East Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (EAAERE). The next WCERE will take place in the summer of 2018;
- Access to two annual AERE luncheons: one held at the AERE Summer Conference and one in January during the ASSA meeting. The January luncheon features the annual Fellow's Talk and the presentation of the AERE Outstanding Dissertation Award. The Summer Conference lunceon includes keynote speakers and the annual AERE Awards ceremony. The luncheons are popular and provide a special opportunity to renew old friendships and to meet new colleagues who share professional interests;
- Access to the AERE Membership Directory.
Membership dues are non-refundable. Payments for events will be refunded if requested by the deadline listed for the event. However, a $50 administrative fee will be withheld for any refund.
For membership questions, please contact:
AERE Membership Office